Do you ever think & plan about cheating because your husband is so unaffectionate?

Yes, I'm horrible but I daydream about meeting a guy just to give me some attention and affection lately. I don't know if it's me or my husband but we just have zero physical connection at all.
He may be stressed over money, his work, but he doesn't really say anything. He may be depressed. I don't know. But I am dying to just have a man desire me and hold me and hug me. I get nothing. Nothing.
I will never actually cheat but the yearning is still there to be loved physically.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Me..

I'll share what I would do now, if I were in this situation. Not how this type of situation was handled in my marriage years ago. We handled it badly at that time. I learned from it. This is what I learned.

You and your husband need to start opening up some serious and honest lines of communication. Both of you need to start sharing and discussing: issues that both of you may be having in life and in your marriage, both of you need to share and discuss what needs aren't being met, why they aren't, and how those needs not being met are making you both feel, then the two of you should work together to try and start rectifying the issues in your marriage (or life) and start working together to try and meet each other's needs (the best that can be done or a happy compromise made).

I wish years ago, my husband and I would have been smart enough, and comfortable enough to go this route. Instead of the one we did.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• omg i fill the same way i would never cheat eather but i have felt the same way and thought about it and sat there wishing the perfect guy would walk into my world so no i dont thinks its wrong for you to fill that way because i fill the same
    katkashka

Answer by katkashka at 1:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• mine isnt affectionate either but i know he loves me, he shows it in other ways
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Have you tried talking to your husband about your feelings. I don't mean you have to tell him you daydream about having an affair. But have you told him that you don't feel like he loves you or wants you. He may not realize he is doing that.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't have this problem hubby is extremely affectionate and verbal about his feelings.

Answer by older at 1:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Nope can't say that I have that problem. If I feel something is going on with him I talk to him and try to make things better for him and us. I don't think about cheating.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 1:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yea, i know how you feel. i had worries if my man was gettin it somewhere else or what it was i was doing wrong and it's still wandering there. but if you have been together for a long time maybe we just better start showing some love every way we can cause if were not gonna fight for it then maybe we mite as well just So we can prove why we got where we are or where we wanna be. reply me please im interested in everyones response. .:zAaK:.
    zAaK

Answer by zAaK at 2:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Are you touching him? Has something happened at work? Have you guys been arguing? Money troubles? It might be a stress issue, talk to him and find out the root of the problem.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Do you ever show him any affection? Works both ways you know.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My husband would consider it cheating but I am desperate. Does your husband know or care admckenzie?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010