Dropship & ebay??

Does anyone here post stuff on ebay and have a dropship company mail out the customers stuff??

I am trying to figure out how this works and if this is really worth something getting into to make an income.

PLEASE fill me in if anyone here does this. I am researching this but not really getting my questions answered. THANKS!

MoMofTWOkiddos

Asked by MoMofTWOkiddos at 1:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I haven't sold anything on ebay, but I buy the crap out of stuff off there. It looks like all the sellers I have bought from ship it themselves. Good luck, hope you get your answers.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 1:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• So you need like a fulfillment house that would store your products and drop ship for you? Do you already have products or are you doing something like SMC?
    Anyways, when I sell things on Ebay I just ship them myself through UPS. I only sell things once or twice a year so I don't need shipping help.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If you want to sell seriously on eBay, I recommend this book. There is an entire section on dropshipping pros and cons.

Start Your Own Business on Ebay by Entrepreneur Press and Jacquelyn Lynn
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't use a drop shipper, but I know there are some people on Cafemom that do. I know that SMC is one company. You can Google drop shipper and see what companies are out there. Hopefully someone who uses this method will be along shortly to answer your question further.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have done it, however be careful of "drop ship" fees. They will kill you. Also it is difficult to be sure they will have the item in stock.. For example it is in stock today but when your listing ends it may not be. We decided it was to hard to track. Good luck.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I've used one dropshipper in the past. Here is the problem with dropshippers. Most you'll find online doing a general search either charge membership fees or annual fee or they just let anyone sign up. They can also be unreliable, where you sell an item only to find it's now out of stock. And the biggest two problems of them all: 1) There are dozens to hundreds of ebayers ALREADY using them and 2) Dozens more ebayers selling the same items at LESS than YOUR drop shipping/wholesale price!

The one time I used a drop shipper they were new, only 2 or 3 others sellers and that's when I was doing over $500 in profit a week. But now HUNDREDS use that company and when ebay was flooded with these sellers my sales dropped dramatically.

So, as an ebayer of just under 11 years, I recommend not to bother with a drop shipper. There are too many potential problems. ...........CONTINUE..............
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• What I recommend is sitting down and writing on a piece of paper what you have knowledge about or what you personaly enjoy. Then look into buying those either wholesale or used. I've sold a variety of things throughout my ebay career. Currently I stick with mostly clothes and toys. I love selling baby/kids clothes and I sell most of them used. I get my inventory from Thrift stores, yard sales, consignment shops, clearance rack, etc. I love fashion and I love kids, so I have passion in what I'm selling. If I sold car parts, when I don't even drive and my knowledge of cars stops at "ohhh it's red" i wouldn't be able to write good descriptions and come across as if I know what i'm talking about.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010