crying

my 2 month old son cries so hard whenever i take his bottle away, he will not let me burp him. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

aserran4

Asked by aserran4 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Kaylee cries when i take her bottle away, but its because of gas! And she cries until she burps (or at that age she did, lol, not so much anymore).

Also, try different ways of burping. I know that there is the traditional over the shoulder burp, but try over your leg/lap, and also try sitting him up and patting his back that way. Kaylee did best with the sitting up.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• what do you mean take it away? like is he done eating or you stop after a few oZ's to burp him? unless you need to burp your son after every few oz's, for a reason like reflux or colic, i wouldnt. at 2 mos he should be eating b/w3-4 oz bottles if i remember correctly. my son would down a 3-4 oz bottle in about one min, so i just let him eat the whole ba, then burp him. i also sat him up or propped him up when eating and after, so he could digest without laying flat. not sure if this is what you were meaning. hope it helps
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 2:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Let him finish his bottle and give him a binky as he probably wants the comfort from sucking. That should stop the crying.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748/

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my daughter would do the same thing when she was a newborn so i eventually just let her eat until she was either asleep (she would fall asleep a lot while eating) or just wait till the bottle was done...it was just a nightmare to try to burp her every few oz...
    anabelsmommy08

Answer by anabelsmommy08 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2008