My dad told me I am raising a Wimpy Kid?

Okay, I'm laughing as I write this because I officially think my dad is crazy. Literally...he needs mental health services but my mom won't talk to him about it. I'm on "bed rest" and pregnant with my second child. My son is two and he loooooves the snow.

We live in North Dakota (about an hr from Canada). The weather today is at 11 degrees and -8 with the windchill. Normal at this time a year. We go out in the snow when it's "warm" enough and when DH is home from work for the simple fact that I can't pick my son up when it's time to come in. Well my dad seems to think that I should let my son go outside in the backyard by himself. Our snow comes up to my son's tummy right now by the way.

But my dad thinks that this will build confidence and he won't freeze to death outside cause he'll know to come in when he's ready. Oh and he won't get stuck in the snow regardless of how deep it is. Although the last time we took him out in the snow DH had to pick him up and bring him inside. So my dad said I will have a wimpy kid who just watches tv all day because I won't let him outside and play "survival of the fittest"

What crazy stuff have you heard today?

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 1:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• HAHAHAHA! Was your dad in the military? He sounds like a Marine dad!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well, the craziest thing I've heard today is that my oldest daughter (18 yo) still cares about her ex-boyfriend who tried to throw himself in front of her car when she broke up with him. Yeah, he sounds like a real keeper to me!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• A baby??? Ummm,no!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Uh yeah. The weather could be all sunshiney and beautiful and I wouldn't let my 2 year old outside alone. In the snow? Absolutely not. I swear I hate meddling parents.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• at 2??????? thats way too yough lmao
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yeah...my dad did 20 yrs in the Army. My hubby is AF and I got out about two years but I still have enough sense lol Meddling parents is right. My dad wasn't home a lot while we were little either. My mom raised us! Thankfully :-)
    Dayija

Comment by Dayija (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Oye Vey! Will your Dad bail you out of jail when they arrest you for child endangerment??? Well, a very long time ago, that may have been how kids were raised but now we know better. Best wishes Momma!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I was told that I'm going to make my kids mean by wrestling with them...
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 11:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010