Why no special 8 days of Hanukka Awards? :0)

I just thought I would ruffle some feathers. ;0) No really why do just Christmas when it is OBVIOUS that Christmas vs. other winter holidays is a BIG deal around here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it would be cool to see a winter holidays section (like we had the back to school one) and have a special award for answering so many questions in that section.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Honestly, they don't say 12 days of Christmas...they say 12 days of Answers. They aren't playing to one religion or another. Along with that it's Just for Fun.
    Oh, and is there a song about the 12 days of Hanukka? Not being smarta$$ed, just don't know.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• There's no theme for that.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Good question!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Oops! I meant 8 days of Hanukka
    Jademom07

• I personally celebrate Christmas but I feel bad for these who don't since Christmas seems to take the lead role every December. Every where. WOuldn't it be nice at least one to see a big Hanuka Special! Or a Yule special on every night for a week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well, I still want to know what happened to Day 2. I have day 1 on the 14th, and day 3 on the 15th??? 4 and 5 have shown up, but no 2!
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We who celebrate Hannuka know its not a major holiday for us, just the fun of lighting candles everynight and a family party of potato pancakes or homemade donuts. We Jews know it's a really small holiday and don't knock ourselves out that much that we need an award.
    caterfran

Answer by caterfran at 2:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I thought I just answered this. It's a small holiday and just remembering to light a candle everynight is reward in and of itself.
    caterfran

Answer by caterfran at 2:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010