For moms who work for or with Melaleuca

I am looking into getting into the business, and I dont want to ask the person that I am going through about this, because I feel it may be too personal, but how long have you been working with Melaleuca, and if so, what level have you reached?(Director I Director II?) And, how much do you make a month. Please be honest, and PLEASE answer anon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• It won't let me answer anon but I just looked into it last week, and I didn't like the fact that you have to buy 35 points worth of stuff from them every month so I turned it down.I also didn't like the fact that I would have to order my home cleaning stuff, I mean what if you run out of something, than you have to wait for it to come in the mail. I dunno, I hope it all works out well for you though.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I never sold, I know so many ladies that tried, never got anyone to sign up and was stuck spending as much as $80 a month of products they couldn't use up in time and they ended with closets filled with products.

Personally I will never use their products, many of their natural products still contain chemicals in them and they don't disclose MOST of their ingredients to try and work around this.

And no matter what anyone says about their affordability water and vinegar in a spray bottles costs CENTS and does just as good a job. My homemade laundry detergent costs $3.50 a batch and each batch lasts 6 freaking months. LOL, can't get any more inexpensive and green than that!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I used to work for them and never got more than about 3 people signed up (and I hate to say this but good luck yourself with the bad financial situations everyone is in right now). I never made any money minus literally change. People have to place monthly orders for products that literally ARE great, but cot so much and last so long they don't need it every month and especially not as much as they force you to use. :(

Anyhow, after over a year and a half of trying and doing everything I could I quit. Still with my 3 or so people, who had not made orders in months themselves because none of us could afford it.

Seriously.... good luck.

I didn't go anon because I am no longer with the company. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I've been working with Melaleuca since September. I love the products, they have improved my skin conditions greatly in the short time I've been using them. Also, since I've converted my home, my daughter has not had an allergy induced asthma attack! I also spen over my point commitment each month and save money.
    I'm currently a director, almost a director 2. Not bad for less than four months working part time.
    As with most things it's not for everyone but for people who are looking for a home business opportunity it's worth looking into. The company has been growing for 25 years. That's saying something!

Hannah Mayr
    http://hannahnayr.blogspot.com
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 1:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I will answer as me because I am personally happy with the company! I have been with them for a year and a half and am doing great. I am a Director 3 knocking on Director 4's door and I am LOVING my experience. :o) I think it's something that you will have to try for yourself and see if it's for you. It's kind of like chinese food, some people like it and some don't. Lol I think it all depends on who is training you for the business as well. I have an AWESOME support team so that has helped me TONS!

I can say the economy isn't helping but there is a new revolution coming around with Eco-Friendly products. Melaleuca puts naturally derived chemicals in their products, not the man made ones that is causing so much harm to our bodies. Their products have helped my son so much with his eczema so I know I will be a customer for life. I do purchase 75-90 pts a month so I have no problem with my purchases. Cont...
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 5:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't think the person who introduced you to Mela would mind. I know I don't mind if people ask me. I have been with Mela since July of 2009. It has been one of the best decisions that I have made for my Family. I have the best of both worlds. I'm not going to answer annon because: 1. I can't. LOL! 2. I don't need to answer annon because I'm very proud of being with Mela. I'm currently a Director 2 working on Director 3. The best part is that I get to help other Moms, It's such a great feeling helping others. That's what we're all about. I have tried a few other things in the past which didn't work. I can't imagine doing anything else. I'm a Mela Lifer! Remember that you won't know what it's like unless you try it yourself.

Best Wishes to you!

~ A quitter never wins and a winner never quits. ~
    Napoleon Hill

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 6:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Because personally, if one was seriously interested in how much I make, then you can message me. I am not going to put how much I make out there. I don't feel that it's anyone and everyone's business. I don't mind telling the people that request information from me.

As for the chemicals:
    Ostisalate: Octisalate is an organic compound used as an ingredient in sunscreens and cosmetics to absorb the full range of UVB rays from the sun
    Triethanolamine: often abbreviated as TEA, is an organic chemical compound which is both a tertiary amine and a triol.

And that's just to name a few. I don't have much space to put it all.

Melaleuca is not an MLM. If you want to know what the difference is, feel free to message me and I can forward you an article that states the differences between the two.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with Melaleuca but there are more good experiences than bad.
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would like to see the footage of him saying this about MLM and Pyramid Scheme. Can you provide to prove me wrong?

Here is the definition of a pyramid scheme:

A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves promising participants payment, services or ideals, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme or training them to take part, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public. Pyramid schemes are a form of fraud

Pyramids basically is when you enroll people, telling them they are going to get paid for enrolling people, with NO products or services. There are products in this business, in which we do not sell, Melaleuca does.

I am not the arguing type so it really doesn't matter what I say because you will not be happy. I am saying PERSONALLY, I LOVE Melaleuca :o)

alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice)

Answer by rkoloms at 11:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I take their vitamins, which I LOVE, and use everything from them. If Mela sells it, I buy it from there. I think the hardest part for people to understand is that we purchase this stuff on a weekly basis from somewhere. We all take showers and brush our teeth so it's just a choice on whether you want to use healthier and safer products for you and your family. Personally, I don't like the vinegar and water thing so this works for me perfectly.

As for the money bit, I am actually SAVING money with them. I purchased name brand everything so I compared prices. Mela's stuff is cheaper.

I hope this helped you some and good luck!! :o)

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 5:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010