For WAHM

How do you handle your day? You must have some type of set schedule? Do you work when your children nap? When they are asleep? How do you do it?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, even though it doesn't sound ideal for peace and quiet I do keep our roll top desk in the living room. My daughter (just turning 1) can be playing here next to me and I can get things done while she is awake. But because our business is also an any time of day business I have to be prepared for possible phone calls anytime, so I make sure, even if i'm out grocery shopping or whatnot that I have a pen and notebook with me.

I do try to do bookkeeping when she's napping or when both kids are in bed, but the more organized your house and the more organized your work area is can make a big difference in getting things done quickly.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I can't keep my kids here with me while I am working, so I get on as early as I can (5am). I don't know how mom's do it with their kids home all day, I wouldn't get anything done.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My son is in "baby school" as he calls it. When he is home, I usually do most of my work while he is occupied or taking a nap. I work with a team of moms so we all understand how children can be so if he is noisy, it's no big deal :o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 6:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I work at home straight 8-9 hr. days. I don't have a home business, im employed by a company so its just like working in the office but i'm at home. My 4 yr old is here. The past few months dh has been out of work so he's with him. My office is located just next to the TV/play area in our basememt. So i can just turn around and see ds playing. I can talk to him and get up and take a few min. with him through out the day. Make his lunch, sit with him. It works for us.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 18, 2010