HAVE ANY OF YOU TRIED ANCESTRY.COM

Was wondering if this is a legit site, or if it was hard to get out of once you get in it. I would love to find my Mother and family members. I was a foster child and really don' t know all my family, but can't afford to be wasting money on a scam. Thanks all that can help.

zbee

Asked by zbee at 1:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• It's not a scam. It is expensive though. I signed up this summer. I've found a lot of help I couldn't have otherwise..but I doubt I will renew.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It's immensely useful and not a scam, but yes, it's expensive - especially if you're at the point of tracing people in international records. I only subscribe when I'm actively working on it and cancel it for months I'm not. There are other resources that are free, but not as comprehensive. I work on the free sites when I only have a little time to mess with it, and when I accumulate enough leads to be worth renewing for a month, I turn it back on just for a month.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I love the site! Found out some cool stuff but agree...$$$$
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 2:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It is a VERY good legitimate site. I have used it, among others to trace back my family history for 13 generations. My family is amazed at the puzzle pieces I've found.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• The cost part has been covered but it wasn't hard at all to stop membership for me.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010