Do you like teething tablets or baby orajel better?

I don't like using Tylenol unless I have to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cole will only take the teething tablets, if you put orajel in his mouth, he will literally stop breathing he cries so hard. so i do not use it. i use tylenol at night, or if his mouth is bothering him really bad. i also will rub benadryl on his gums. a nurse told me to try that one, and i seems to help. just dip your finger in baby benadryl, and rub on the gums a few times. i do like 3-4 times, depending on how bad he is hurting. and i only do this on at night, it helps him sleep some. not sure why it works
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 2:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I used homeopathic quick dissolve. you can find them at a health food stoor and the contain all natural ingredients so you can give as often as needed.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• i like the teething tablets for day use but for at night i found alittle tylenol and baby orajel seemed to help better.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Kaylee loves to eat the teething tablets, lol, but they don't really help her. BUT the same brand (Hylands) has a teething gel, and that works really well for her. She hates orajel, it must be the taste? But she screams louder if I give it to her, and I only give her Tylenol if the teething gel is not working (I start out with 1/2 a dose and give her the second half if needed)

But before I try any of that I try giving her an ice cube wrapped in one of HER washcloths (so its not too abrasive on her gum's) and she chews on that for a while. Sometimes it works, sometimes not :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Tablets and motrin, hands down. All the orajel does is make my kids scream like murder!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I didnt use either. I used damp wash cloths i kept in the fridge or freezer. The kids seems to get more relief from cold or semi frozen chewing, and it helps the teeth to come in faster

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748/

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I tried the tablets, they seemed to help a little, but i finally got to where i would just freeze EVERYTHING she liked to chew on. the cold really soothes & it wasnt too "out of the ordinary" for her- so she automatically put it in her mouth. the frozen washrags are great too!
    KaytlynsMommy05

Answer by KaytlynsMommy05 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2008