What do I do about early third trimester contractions

I have been having the braxton hicks like normal, but it seems at 27 weeks they should not be so strong and only when I get up, walk, do chores, etc. It may sound dumb but I am so afraid I could have her early this way. My 12 year old was born at 34 weeks. He was fine, but I am 7 weeks away from that!! Any suggestions on how to do my normal every day life things and still be able to function? Should I call my doc tomorrow, mon and let them know..

Unbroken_Amanda

Asked by Unbroken_Amanda at 2:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Time your contraction when you get them and TRY not to panic or do allot of bending and stooping. Also call your Dr with your concerns as it may be something the Dr wants to see you over. Dont stress over what house work does not get done. It will still be there the next day and even next week. Also get that 12 year old to help out around the house!!! 12 is pleanty old enough to be helping with cleaning and picking things up.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748/

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• If you're worried, definitely call! You had your first baby early, and it's always better to be safe than sorry. Good luck!
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 2:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• At 29 weeks I called my doc and he sent me to the hospital and they had to give me 3 shots to stop my contractions. They can give you meds to take at home as well. I would go get checked out especially since your first born was early.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Yes, call your doctor.
    Godsblessing01

Answer by Godsblessing01 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008