Scared of EVERYTHING, first pregnancy.

I'm going to L&D at 22 weeks today, having symptoms of a UTI. :-|
I feel like I have to pee every 20 seconds and could seriously throw my bladder across the room!!!
Anyone know what helps UTI's and can they cause dilation or contractions?

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had many UTI's during my first pregnancy. Drinking Cranberry juice can get old, and it is hard to really drink enough to make a difference at this point. Once the UTI clears, i would suggest going into walmart to the vitamin suppliment section and getting yourself a big bottle of cranberry extract. Take it as directed, and it is safe during pregnancy. It is much more potent than juice and does not have the sugar that causes more issues. It saved my sanity during the end of my pregnancy. Oh, and with it, i did not have to have the lovely antibiotics that turns everything orange....ewww.
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 4:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• i get em alot u need 2 drink cranberry juice and lots of water i know its hard and im not sure if they cause contractions or not but they will put u on antiobiotics and that will get rid of it
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Studies show that AFTER you have the infection, cranberry juice does nothing for it. And if you were to drink it anyways, drink sugar free, as the extra sugar can make it worse.
    I'd just go and get the antibiotics.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 2:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• sugar is like food for the infection and should drink cranberry juice without sugar
    Anonymous

• thanks ladies! :-)
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You REALLY should be talking to your Dr about these symptoms, as your Dr will know EXACTLY what you should be doing while preggo and having a bad UTI.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748/

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• @ vbruno,
    uhm didn't i just write i was going to labour and delivery to be checked?

and update:

i do not have a UTI, just a dehydrated, cervix was closed thus far, no contractions came up on monitor.
    Thanks for the ladies who helped! :-)
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2008