What's the best way to seat everyone for a holiday dinner?

I am having 14 people over. My table fits 10 at the most 12. I would like everyone to eat at the same time. Any ideas welcome.

SeventiesChild

Asked by SeventiesChild at 2:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• Don't squeeze 12 in a space for 10 if you can help it. You want everyone to be comfortable. Set up a second table, even if it's just a card table with a pretty cloth. A great way to do this is to have a special "kids table". You can even have favors for the kids at their place settings, to make it extra special.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My grandparents always put the adults at the big table then set up card tables for the kids.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I use a folding card table at the end of my dining room table for an extra two people. Or put the kids at the folding table near the dining room table. Let the adults sit where they choose at the table and you sit nearest to the kitchen.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• There are no "kids"..LOL they grew up!!!! It's the SO's of my daughters that will be present this year.
    But, yes, another table makes sense!
    SeventiesChild

Comment by SeventiesChild (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My table seats 12 and I add a folding table to the end and put a matching table cloth on it... not the prettiest but when the table is completely set it looks ok.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would set up another table so that everyone is comfortable.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 3:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010