indoor activities/crafts?

I have two boys, 4 & 2. And I am trying to figure out stuff to do indoors. We live in Alaska and sometimes its just to cold to take them outside, so I wanted to see what would be some fun games or crafts I can play with both of them? Since they are different levels, it makes it hard to do certain things with them.
Any help would be great!!
Thank you!

AliciaO

Asked by AliciaO at 2:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I used to make sugar cookies with cookie cutter shapes for my kids, then make edible paint out of cornstarch, water and food color and let the kids paint their own cookies. This is also fun for the holidays and making Tree ornaments as well.

Join an active group on cafemom http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Ohhh boy. Check out www.kaboose.com for some age appropriate activities.  I homeschool my kids and 2 of the three are preschool and kindergarten so I have lots of resources.  Try www.dltk-kids.com for prinatble crafts, worksheets and coloring pages.

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I go to walmart of arts and craft stores and we make all kinds of things. You can buy the basics like felt paper, glue, some eyes, and what not. If you have pine cones you can also make those for christmas ornaments and let the kids make their own gifts for the grown ups (ornaments). We also make cookies, fudge etc and put them in tins for christmas gifts. My kids also paint, draw, and we read books.

Answer by gemgem at 7:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008