Do you think that boys should be recruited to the NFL and NBA from high school?

LeBron James and Kobe Bryant are examples

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Entertainment

• Sure,as long as their contract states that they get their GED

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No. I personally wouldn't because a lot of times they are not mature enough to handle all of that pressure. But then again if they go to college and play there is the possiblitity of a career ending injury. And I guess that. Is what they look at when making their decision.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 2:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You can't play pro with a GED. The NFL doesn't support it. As long as they continue to do so, I don't see the problem.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It is very rare for such a young boy to be able to compete with men. If they can, sure! You can't turn down millions of dollars. That same opportunity might not come again. College will always be there.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It's all about the INJURY factor- college ball (no matter the sport) exposes people to a higher chance of having a career ending injury. Plus, it's common knowledge that all schools admit athletes first, no matter if they're academically eligibile. This practice eliminates spots for qualified scholars, but sports bring in $$$$ that schools need- it's such a game and students are the ones who get short changed ACADEMICALLY in the long run. Too bad for Kobe and LeBron because both of them are intelligent enough to handle college courses. I hope they both eventually obtain their degrees, even though neither will likely need a fall back career.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Up to the leagues and the PARENTS and the ATHLETES.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't care. I think Kobe should be in prison right now rapist piece of shit.
    Anonymous

• No, they are not mature enough emotionally or physically.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 3:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY!! There is a very small window of peak performance that top athletes have in professional league sports. You can be at the top of your game one minute, and an injury can sideline you for the season on your entire career. You can ALWAYS go back to school/college after your career is over. Given the chance to go pro, you need to strike while the iron is hot!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010