Have you ever done Tae Bo?

I just bought a DVD off ebay do start doing it. I am in really bad shape so I worry I won't be able to do it or keep up.

I bought: Billy's Boot Camp: Cardio Boot Camp Live (DVD) - Billy Blanks

I don't like the fact that it's a live version, but it was cheaper, lol.

I am thinking of doing it in the AM before waking the kids for school and before getting ready for work.

Should I be concerned that I won't be able to keep up? Will I need excersize balls or anything?

Have you ever done Tae Bo? Did you like it?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 2:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It really doesn't matter if it's too hard. All the DVD's I bought when I first started out were "too hard" too...just do it at your own pace, take a breather if you need one, then get your ass back in the saddle and keep going! I remember literally cussing at the ladies on my DVD's (" I CAN'T do another rep, bitch!" LOL) I would literally do 10 or 15 minutes when I started, and that was all I could take. But I didn't quit; I got to where I could 20 minutes, then 30, then 40, etc. Now, my cardio sessions are usually between 60-90 minutes. It takes time and effort to work up to a good fitness level.
    The key is to find a few workouts that you LIKE (Turbo Jam ones are my favorites) and do what you can with it. If you don't quit, and you keep pushing yourself just a little bit harder every week, you'll start to meet your goals and get results.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I did it in high school gym class, Im not a fan. Then again I wasnt doing it of my own free will. Kuddos for the initiative.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 2:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• tried....failed miserably
    Its really hard!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I've done it. It may take a while before you can do the entire thing, but just keep at it and before you know it, it won't be so hard. It's really a great work-out!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Oh...and when I did it, I didn't need any extra equipment.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have done both of those tapes among many many others. It is high energy and if you are out of shape it will be hard, but they are good tapes that will get results. For many years I did tapes, I have them all, wore a hole in my bedroom rug from doing them, but nothing gave me shape like the weight lifting I do now, I love it!

Answer by older at 2:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It's been a long time but I had some Billy Blanks tapes as well. I remember them being pretty difficult.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010