How do I decide on a booster seat?

My daughter is 39.2 #. I need to switch her out of her current seat before she hits 40#. This sounds aweful but I can't decide if I should get one that will allow her to stay in the harness or go for my convenience and get one that she can use the seatbelt.

jazzycat2

Asked by jazzycat2 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It depends on your child. Mine is 2 yrs 7 months and does better in her booster then she does in her 5 point harness. I know other kids that would rather have the 5 point harness bacause they feel safer. If a neighbor or friend has a high back booster that you can borrow i would do that so your daughter can try out the booster before you go get one and her not like it. Good Luck
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 6:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Double check the laws in your state...she may be required to remain in a harness. It could depend on her age.

Apex65 is a good seat and not as expensive as some. It harnesses up to 65lbs and converts to a belt positioning booster up to 100lbs.

My oldest has been in a backless booster since he was about three. But he's the type who sits still and keeps the belt where it should be. My next one is almost three...I'm not sure I trust him, so he's moving to the Apex (he's 37lbs)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I have smallish children, so my 3 yr old still fits in her second carseat ever. I have a bigger one that is also 5 point-- her brothers are going to grow into it before she grows out of it. But I want them in 5 point as long as possible.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2008