Do you believe all healthy men pleasure themselves?

I hear this a lot, and while I believe a lot do, I believe there are also healthy men who believe purity means only conducting sexual activities with their wives. Call me naive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I don't believe that. I know for a fact my husband doesn't do that - and I'm not just being naive and he's not lying to me. I've known him since 6th grade, we've been best friends almost our whole lives, we know everything about each other. Not all men do it. Just like not all women do it. He's like me - its about the emotional bond for us, there's no real sense, in our opinion, for ourselves, in self pleasure, as its all about the mutual relationship, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Sure. I believe that there are men out there who do not masturbate. Just like there are women who do.

However, in regards to male masturbation. It is not an act that is simply about pleasuring themselves. Male masturbation is also good for male health. Masturbation in males actually does have health benefits, including prostate health.
    So actually men who masturbate (unless the man who does not masturbate is ejaculating more that 5x a week...men who ejaculate 5x or more a week aer 1/3 less likely to develop prostate cancer..)can be healthier in some aspects than men who do not.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• im sure there are men who feel that way... but I dont see either as being odd or wrong.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well, I guess if you are in a full body cast, you wouldn't be healthy, and you sure as hell wouldn't be pleasuring yourself! LOL Sorry just haaaaad to throw that out there!

Yes there are men out there that don't do that based on beliefs and are perfectly normal, but I don't care either way. I don't judge someone as normal or not normal based on whacking it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I believe that there are men out there who exercise their self-control for purposes that are bigger than their own pleasure, yes.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yes it is natural and a part of life.. I can't imagine a man not masturbating regularly.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 2:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• 'healthy' men? not sure what you mean. i think the majority of men healthy and unhealthy pleasure themselves. im sure there are some that believe in this purity stuff too. i have yet to find one. but it doesnt matter to me anyway, i find pleasing yourself to be quite normal actually. male or female
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 2:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• yes its perfectly normal and healthy
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Healthy men...for me means a healthy sexual appetite in the context of the OP's question which would include an appreciation for self pleasure, willingness to explore sexual tastes in the context of a relationship, acceptance of sexual boundaries for himself and his partners and a lack of sin, shame or guild about sexual desire. In short, a healthy man is pro-sex.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010