is it okay to give a 14 month old kool aid?

My husband gave our 14 month old some kool aid today.. he makes it very watery for the girls, for some reason they all love it like that, haha.. but I have never given her anything like that, she loved it of course.. but is it something you just shouldnt give to them at such a young age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yeah,that's a bit young for me. They have their entire lives to get hooked on sugar.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I hope it was sugar free. Once you start them on sugar it's downhill from there. Sugar is addictive.
    Anonymous

• No one should have it. It's terrible for you. But just once isn't going to do any harm. If I were you, I'd stop buying it for your girls.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• it's not the best drink of choice for anyone, at that age or older. its loaded with sugar and empty calories. but one time won't hurt her. moderation wouldn't either.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yeah, im not a big fan of kool aid.. we rarely have it in the house.. my husband likes it and buys it for himself sometimes.. other than that we dont have it here! i think its nasty!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• While it is not all that healthy or nutritious a little won't hurt. I would not make a habit of it though.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• thanks girls! I was a little worried for some reason(:
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well it sure wont hurt her but there are other drinks i would give her first!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• it's not going to hurt her, but I would still avoid it.....kool aid is all sugar, might as well give her a cup of sugar with a few drops of water, lol.

100% fruit juice is good for something sweet.....and you can dilute it in some unsweetened ice tea if you want
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• And the dye in it isnt all that great either.
    I agree kool aid is yucky!
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010