Wives Tales.

Friends have been telling me that I'm gonna have a boy this time around because my baby's heartbeat is in the 140s.... cause boys have low heartbeats and girls have high. Well, if thats the case my son should have been a girl because his heartbeat was in the 160s.... Does anyone think old wives tales get a bit annoying?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They can although if you just take them for what they are then you don't have to worry. People just like to guess and talk about what the sex of the baby will be.

You can just ignore them!

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• YES!!! I hated it when I would have old ladies come up to me and tell me 'old wives tales' and act like they were the gods honest truth!
    (I was polite, I would smile and nod at them as they imparted their 'words of wisdom'). Some of those tales were just plain stupid!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes, and way too many people believe them, too.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• mine was just the opposite. my son's was high like in the 180's and now im pregnant and the dr said by the HB his guess would be a boy well guess what he was wrong! the hb is low like ur mines in the 150s
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 3:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I just smile and go with it...but I in no way shape or form believe in any of this wives tales crap. Being pregnant can be VERY annoying!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010