What would you think if this kept happening to you? EDITED - The truth is....

If a guy never makes time for you and every time you call him, your conversation is interrupted over and over because he's putting you on hold to take another call,(from his cousin, his brother-in-law, etc) ...... and this happens EVERY time you talk with him on the phone.... aren't you really kidding yourself that he is REALLY interested in you AT ALL??

Is he taking you for granted? Stringing you along?

How would it make you feel if you discovered that EVERY time you call him, you never get to have a whole conversation because every few minutes he's saying "Hold on, so-and-so is calling, and you find yourself on hold for more time than you are involved in the conversation?

(Just wondering what you ladies would think of a relationship that was playing out like this) Would it be different if it was just a friend who did this to you all the time... or is it the same no matter what your relationship to the person is?

EDITED AFTER THE FIRST 8 ANSWERS OR SO.....

Ah ha!    that's what I thought.... now let's get a little more personal with this.... it isn't a guy doing this to me.... it's my BFF doing it.  Here's an example of how she is with me:    If she calls me and I don't answer (and the only time I don't is when I'm on hold with a customer service or something -  if I'm on with another person, I always click over to her and tell her who I'm talking to and that I'll call her back promptly - which I do) -- BUT let's say I'm on with Verizon Customer Service..... so I let her call go to voice mail.....

She'll leave me a HUGE long voice mail, then she'll get on FB and send me a message to tell me that she left me a message on my phone.   (I know, kind of makes me feel like she's being VERY demanding of me giving her attention when she beckons for it).....   but when I call her back, immediately the "Hang ons" start, and I spend forever on hold waiting on her to finish phone calls. 

I'm really beginning to feel unappreciated and like she only has time for me when it's convenient for her. Makes me feel yucky. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I would think he is one rude jerk!

Answer by older at 3:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No matter either way.
    They obviously dont feel you are important enough to skip those calls and return them later.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• He'd be kicked to the curb!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Friends can be that way but if a guy is REALLY interested in YOU, he won't keep putting you on hold, he'll make the time just for you. I'd blow him off for a while & make like your busy. Play hard to get & see what happens. If he doesn't change his tune, find another Man who deserves your attention. Good luck!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would think that he isn't too interested in speaking with the person he is putting on hold (unless it's work calls, sounds like these are personal). Or, he could be the kind of person that hates to ever miss a call - does he always answer when the girl calls him?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• rude, uninterested, I would stop calling.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would dump him!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't care for that treatment from anybody on a regular basis!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i would be done with that crap in less than a week. if he doesnt have time for you than you dont have time for him.
    devtdbosombuddy

Answer by devtdbosombuddy at 3:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would let him go he is obviously too busy to give this proper attention.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010