Baby's sore throat...

my lil guy is 9 months and he has a head cold and his throat sounds hoarse, he doesn't have a fever. is there anything i can give him to help soothe his throat?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Lemon is a good idea. Also maybe a popsicle or something cold. They have popsicles that are 100% fruit juice so you wouldn't be hyping him up with sugar and the cold might help sooth his throat. If you breast feed then that is always a help, too, for comfort and soothing if nothing else. Good luck, sick kiddos just break your heart, don't they?
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Not saying this is it, but I know strep is going around with a vengeance right now. At 9 months you can't give any honey, which is very soothing to the throat. The best you can probably do is a little fresh lemon juice in warm water.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Childrens Motrin is an excelent anti-inflamatory.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i hate it when kids are sick,it makes me sad.....i have a 4 year old and boy lemme tell ya.....when he gets sick he ends up in the hospital...thats how bad it gets with him.....thats why when im sick i keep away from him,and same goes for anyone else who is sick!! they are not to be around my son or me for that matter.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2010