How do you guys share rooms ?

For us currently none of our kids have to share a room, but when the quads come we have to start. Our oldest that are 18 have the rooms in the basement and the other 3 kids have rooms upstairs ont he same floor as us. We have an extra room but i dont think we can keep all four together in one room for so long just because the one start crying and they all start kind of thing.

Do your kids like to share rooms ? How many is to many in a room ?

MOMMAof5_

Asked by MOMMAof5_ at 3:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• Wow thats a lot of kids. Let me write this down so I don't lose track:

18 year old boy (twin A) and his 18 year old fiancee.
    18 year old boy (twin B)
    8 year old girl
    6 year old girl
    3 year old boy
    and 4 on the way

H'ok then. each have their own bedrooms. So...6 bedrooms? Plus a spare. So 7 rooms total. Is the couple in the same room? I am going to assume so.

Ok. So Twin A and fiancee in one room. Twin B in another room, both in the basement. Leave them be.

Put the 8 year old and the 6 year old in the same room.

Keep the 3 year old in his own room.

When ready, split the quads up, A+B in one room, and C+D in another room.

Wow, you have got your hands full!! I hope my layout of how I would split the rooms helps!!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• No, they don't I only have the 2 (one boy, one girl) and a 3 bedroom house.

Growing up I had to share a bedroom with my 2 sisters. (So it was the 3 of us in a room); and my brother always had his own room, until my 9th grader year when we moved into a 4 bedroom house. Then I got my own room, my brother had his own room, and my 2 younger sisters had to share a room.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Oh, also, something to consider for the 6 and 8 year old is a bunk bed. When my sister and I shared a room, we had one that had a full sized mattress on the bottom with a twin on top, it helped me from getting bent out of shape about sharing a room.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I agree with Carolyn. And a bunk bed sounds ideal!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• WE have 4 DS's and they stay in the same room. It's a big room. 2 bunkbeds on opposite sides of the room. When multiples are involved, I think it's best to have them in same room. They will have a bond that no one else will understand. Splitting them up before they are 2 may cause issues. They spend nine months or so together, it can be devistating to pull them apart.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• We only have 4 kids but they are split between 2 rooms. My older 3 share one room and my youngest has her own room right now. The older kids are 8 (girl), 7 (boy) and 6 (girl). My son had his own room for a few years but hated it. I always found him in the girls' room so when we moved here I just put all 3 of them in the biggest bedroom and they are happy sharing a room. He has his own side but ends up sleeping on the floor in between their beds all the time. My 2yo dd has her own room because she is a light sleeper.
    Eventually she will move in with the girls and my son will get the other room.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008