how do you movw on from what you thought u were gonna have?

my baby's "dad" left me when i was 7 months preg. when we found out WE were preg. we talked about our "happy lil family" we were goning to have. now he doesn't speak to me. he has seen the baby 2 times in almost 10 months and denied her at first.... i tried to get him involved any way i could? i sent him pics and updates of her each month. he seldom answered me and when he did it was few and far between? i still tried.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• This man may be the biological father to your child, but it not being a "real dad" to your daughter. I would move on emotionally from this jerk. You do not want your daughter growing up with the perception that this is the way a relationship or father is suppsed to be. If the right person comes along that wants to be apart of you and your daughter life and can be a good example for your daughter then great! If not, give her all the love, support and encouragement a mother should give her child. If her real dad ever decides to "man up" and take responsibilty for his child then you can let him back into her life later. That's a choice that he has to make. Don't waste your life (or your daughters life) waiting on him to make this decision.
    Teacher_Momma

Answer by Teacher_Momma at 1:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• You realize that moving away from that will lead you towards where you need and deserve to be. It moves you one step closer to your future. Although it probably doesn't seem like it to you right now, you are moving in the right direction. No sense in wasting more time in a relationship that isn't good for you or your child. You find peace in that and make the best life you can for the two of you- so you will be ready when the right one comes along.
    ChattyWifePlus2

Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Spend all that energy on your beautiful d. The rewards will be far better and the joy that radiates from your love for her will attract a great guy who will love you for the essence of who you are. Life is good. Don't waste time on ppl who don't appreciate what you have to offer.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• look sweetie been there done that,my son is 26 yrs old & he was raised by my husband of 20 yrs not his biofather, you ask my son at anytime "whose your dad"?my husbands name is what he says,but at 15 he wanted to know who he was so i went thru the local health dept, & eventually filed a claim for back child support his so called "dad" was proven to be the bio,& owed 63.000.00 in back child support which i recive every week & give to "our" son.
    do what you gotta do hun!
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• He doesn't sound like the strong male influence your child needs in her life.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2008