My 21 month old son has a mouth full of teeth. They appear to be a little yellow. I do not think I am brushing enough. Maybe I need to increase the fluoride H2O and brush more often.

How can I get my 21 month Old son's teeth whiter?

hap2bmom

Asked by hap2bmom at 3:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Talk to a dentist first. Too much flouride can cause white spots to form on the permanent teeth. Try using baby washcloth to rub the teeth after you brush. I use the toothbrush to get between the teeth and a washcloth or burprag to get the front and backs of my daughter's teeth.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:31 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• That could be his natural color. My older son is the same. I thought maybe his teeth weren't brushed enough but when he lost some teeth and his new ones came in, they were the same color.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• No, don't increase the fluoride that can CAUSE dental problems http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/teeth/fluoride.html. Check with a good pediatric dentist if you think there is a problem. =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Has he taken antibiotics recently, or often?? This can cause teeth-yellowing, and it's nothing to be concerned about.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 7:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my daughters teeth did that and her doctor gave her vitamin drops with floride and after a week of that her teeth were white
    troubledkat911

Answer by troubledkat911 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008