do you ever see someone blatenly give bad/wrong advice on here?

i am well aware we all share different opinions. but there are some things that are fact, and sometimes i see certain moms tell OP completely misguided advice.

"its ok to put your 3 month old infant in the carseat wearing a puffy coat before you strap him/her in"

"i gave my 6 month old 2% milk, doctors recommend 2% milk, babies dont need the extra fat" <--are you HIGH?

"drink castor oil to induce your labor"

i could go on and on. most of us don't have medical degrees but most of us also have common sense! it just worries me these women spouting off this kind of terrible advice and i hope the OP's know better and dont follow this kind of terrible advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in About CafeMom

• This is one great reason for the vote down button but about the only one.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Especially in the Health section. Please ladies when in doubt, please call a doctor or go to a pharmacy or clinic. Do not rely only on advice on a blog.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• badI vote them DOWN!

KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Sure,all the time
    Anonymous

• I definitely read things and wonder what the heck that person is thinking. Like, have they done any type of research on that question on their own or are they just spouting off bad advice they have been given themselves. I assume it's the latter.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• There are things that I did with my own child that may not have been the "dr recommended" thing at the time.... and if asked i will say what I did. That is just that... saying what I did... not what they should do. 

I have 3 kids when my first was born the drs and crazed moms were saying ONLY lay the baby on their side.  When my 3rd was born that was a no no and the babies should ONLY be put on their backs.  Some where in there I was told babies HAD to have tummy time.  Things change.

Im more surprised at some of the RUDE women here who belittle men and tell women they have every right to be mean, indifferent, and expect 150% from a man and give nothing in return.

We all have different lives, different backgrounds and different opinions... if someone is going to take what she reads on line as the be all end all truth... she has issues and will get what she gets.

Anonymous

• I think what is even worse is when people write a question that can seem pretty serious (but very sketching on details) and people start spouting off advice that could be life changing to this person and they don't even find out the details of the situation.
    Anonymous

• with health questions, i have put at end of my answer.. i am not in medical profession, i am an artist

with relationship questions, one certain mom in particular gives very bad advice, i have seen other moms call her out on it and say "yet another reason for you ___ to stay out of the relationship section"... i could not have said it better myself, difference of opinion is one thing, super bad advice every time is quite another, this one mom gets voted down all the time, makes me wonder i she trys to answer poorly just to get vote downs?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Every day. It happens a lot in the food and drink section - people give bad advice saying something is dangerous when it's not (like refreezing meat) or suggesting things that ARE dangerous (like washing raw meat). For things like that I'll include a link to the USDA/Health Dept/etc that explains exactly WHY it's bad advice, so that just maybe they'll stop spreading the wives' tales.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Those are the type of answers I vote down.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2010