what would you do?

New neighbors just moved above us. Lately I smell the food they cook. It fills our apartment. It makes me ill. I hear their dog their music. Help what woould you do? Is there anything I can do? I know moving isn't an option right now. Our lease is up in August.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can't do anything. they are not doing anything wrong, just living. Apartment life is not for you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Unless the music is seriously loud and/or played after hours you can't really do crap.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 3:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I would talk to to your manger about the noise.The food is going to be harder because people eat whatever and scent can't be controlled good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 3:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Try burning incense - that is usually over-powering enough to make a difference.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Does your kitchen have exhaust fans. If it gets to be too much put the fans on in the kitchen and draw the bad air out because it will be pulled out or the smell may be lessened. If it is not too cold, open some windows and doors for a short period of time to vent the apartment.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't think there's much you can do
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If their dog is barking or their music is too loud, you could call and make a complaint, but the food thing... well.... it is what it is, I doubt you can get management to tell them to stop eating.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I dont think there is anything you could do. get a purifier to help with the smells maybe
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 10:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You can do something about the dog & music, but not the smell.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2010