Taking advantage of help

I know this lady at work who signed up for the Angel Tree and a few other programs to get her child something for Christmas. Let me put it this way she come to work everyday bragging about what she brought her child (it wasn't cheap either) for Christmas. Anyways she picked up her kid Christmas presents from one of the organizations and was pissed because they didn't get what she told them she wanted for her child. She goes to a store and returns everything that was given to her and brought her child the things she wanted. I feel like if you have to be that ungrateful then you don't need assistance, let the people who really need it have it. What do you ladies think about this?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 3:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• there was a giving tree at school and one of the "needy" families asked for a Wii.
    wth? Im not need and my kids are getting anything close to a $200 gift,.
    Anonymous

• First off, if she can afford to buy her kid presents she shouldn't have her name at those places at all, and secondly, to return what was bought because it wasn't good enough is just a bunch of crap. I'd be tempted to call the organizations and warn them about her next year. Other people who need it are losing out because of greedy people like this !
    Anonymous

• I think it's heartbreaking that some people are so selfish. To think of all the kids who truly need gifts, and will not get them because of people like her, it's criminal.
    Hopefully our good friend karma will bite her in the butt.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Its sad because there are many people doing this stuff around this time of the year.
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Very sad.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My step-kids mom is like that. She goes to at least 4 different places to apply for help, and leaves her husband's income off the application so that she will be approved. Then she brags about all the expensive stuff she and her husband bought the kids, and if the agencies give her something she didn't want for her kids, instead of returning them she ges them to our kids, even though they are not age appropriate. She then turns around and expects us to buy expensive presents for her kids, but won't let us put her kids on our own applications. If she was to find out we go to the dollar store where everything is a buck, to buy presents for her kids she'd be so pissed she'd turn into urine (get it? play on words). Then the steps get upset because our kids have more presents then they do, which makes her go out and buy more "to make up for their obvious inability to show love" (her words)
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 3:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I agree. I can't afford gifts for dh and dd but I know my inlaws and my parents are getting them things so I don't need assistance. People like that make me mad.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• G----R----E---E---D!
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Amazing the nerve of some people!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That is just WRONG. But you see alot of people every year who do things like that.
    THAT is why i only donate to ppl i know or someone a friend knows because of crap like that.
    Its greedy and nasty and karma will bite her one day.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010