What do you think about the man that confronted the school board in Panama City , Florida that shot and killed himself?

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The most shocking part was that he killed himself. I was expecting someone to shoot him or for the police to stop it.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Aside from being insane, he was a terrible shot (thank God). He fired point blank and missed them all.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Very sad but very glad he was a terrible shot! I watched the video and it looked like he hit the first guy. God was definitely in that room and everyone wants him out of the schools!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 3:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• When the ex said that he was trying to get help...I thought that she was delusional.

This is another reason why the right to carry would be a good idea. Everyone has their own weapon, it would change a lot of minds about threatening someone with a gun.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Glad he isn't a good shot! I would have loved to NOT see it in graphic detail on our local news though. I was flipping the channel to see how the roads were before DH was coming home from work, and caught the video right in the middle--so my 2 year saw part of the video where's he's shooting at people. :-( That's why I rarely watch the news on tv anymore. I turned it off quickly, but I watched it online later. He did get shot by a security guard, and then they didn't show the part where he shoots himself on the video. Kudos for all the people who kept their heads and kept calm in that situation. That's really scary.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• They said the security guard who was a retired cop heard the first gun shot and ran in and shot him in the leg after the first three shots were fired and in the video I saw on CNN it showed from when the superintendent was trying to talk him out of it until after the security guard shot him in the leg and he was on the ground. It was very sad, I was surprised they showed as much as they did.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 3:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think it's a tragedy that could have turned out so much worse. Thankfully, no one else was hurt.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• His estranged wife said he was an experienced hunter and that he purposely shot really bad not to hit anyone. How sad......
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes, when the superintendent clutched his arm it seemed he was shot. There was also video of a lady hitting the whack job on the head. She was so courageous! But they took the video off. I saw it very early in the morning yesterday!
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• they did shoot him in the leg but they wont shoot to kill unless they have to
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 3:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010