did anyone see on the news about the women that was trying to steal a baby from the hospital?

well they said that is what they think she was doing. She didn't actually have a baby, but she was I guess eyeing the babys and trying to get into the maternity award at barberton hospital and the night before that she was seen at akron hospital. So barberton police arrested her. That is scary because both of my kids were born at barberton hospital and then this one I am pregnant with now I plan on going to akron hospital.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• WOW I swear why dont people adopt or do faster care? Most of the people that want to steal kids can not financially afford to have a kid anyway. Why dont they get their shit together and come back to the idea.???
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 3:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• An Akron woman is accused of attempted kidnapping after police say she was spotted trying to get inside a Barberton Citizens Hospital maternity ward.

Lachana Williams, 20, is being held in the Summit County Jail on a $250,000 bond.

She was arrested Wednesday at Barberton Citizens Hospital after workers there contacted police about a suspicious person in the hospital.

Police say that during the past week, Williams had been seen in area hospitals acting ''suspicious and attempting to gain entry to maternity wards.''

She never had any contact with a child, police said.

THIS WAS THE ARTICLE
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• To the tx you can ask the hospital what security measures they have placed before you delivery. I know here baby has electronic bands so if a baby goes past a certain point the alarm goes off and all doors leading out of the floor are automatically locked. The whole hospital is hears an alarm and everyone gets patted down. Also when they bring the baby to you they have to check the id braclets of mom and baby. Everyone in the hospital is asked who they are and relation to the mother.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 3:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My hospital did electronic bands as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That's a total shock to me
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• ya the hospital I had my kids at they have an electronic thing in the plastic thing they put on the babys cord. When I had my first the doors locked, but that wasn't because someone was stealing a baby I guess it was that someone (family member) took the baby out to the waiting room and the door shut and locked
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I hear something like this every year. Really sad....
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• WOW! they really are some crazy people in this world. Why try to steal someone else's baby. There plenty of people who dont want there babys so ADOPT!!!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• The good thing is.. no matter where this woman tried, she was denied access. That means those security measures work and the nurses were paying attention (as they should be). I'm glad they caught her before something happened. She probably is mentally unstable, and will now be able to get the help she needs.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010