How to eat placenta....

I am planning on ingesting my placenta to prevent PPD, because I am bi-polar and high risk. Do not even suggest Rx alternatives, because I have tried them, and find them useless, and detrimental to my health. This question is for women who have done this themselves. I am unsure of how to best prepare the placenta. Cooked? Raw? Encapsulated? I am leaning toward encapsulation, because the gradual doses seem to make more sense for long term relief of PDD, however I've also read that it is at it's most nutritionally potent raw, and that' is how most mammals eat their placenta. What are your experience with this, and what method would you recommend?

lillys_mommy09

Asked by lillys_mommy09 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I thought this a very strange question, so I looked it up as a way to educate myself. Here is one of the articles I found. The below article comes from the site I posted a link for, I hope others will read it before passing judgement on you and your decision.

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/placentas/a/placenta.htm

http://placentabenefits.info/services.asp  Try this site for the encapsulation pills

http://www.twilightheadquarters.com/placenta.html   This link is graphic and contains the recipes you were asking for.

karenmarie1971

Answer by karenmarie1971 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Huh I have never heard of this
    Anonymous

• I have heard and think it's disgusting
    Anonymous

• Placenta Recipes - Placentophagy

There are many ways to cook the placenta. How people choose to eat it varies ... Recipes and info on dehydrating your placenta · To eat or not to eat? ...
    pregnancy.about.com/od/placenta/a/placentarecipes.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Placenta recipes, eating your placenta

Placenta recipes, including roast placenta, placenta lasagne and placenta spaghetti bolognaise.
    www.mothers35plus.co.uk/placenta.htm
    vbruno

• I've already decided to eat it, and I feel strongly about how natural it is to do so. Ignorant comments do not offend me, they don't help either. Please don't answer this unless you have an ANSWER! This is not a shock question, I really would appreciate advice.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• i have nvr heard of this what is pdd and what does ur placenta have 2 do with u being bipolar? im sorry but that is jst nasty!!!
    Anonymous

• Thank you, vbruno! : )
    lillys_mommy09

• PDD? Do you mean PPD? Postpartum Depression? I am just trying to clarify for other readers, I really am indifferent on the matter. I have heard of other women doing it, but I know nothing of it. I hope it does what you want it to!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Ah we posted at the same time. Yes, its not PDD its PPD which is why others were confused.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008