my husband really wants these Ralph Lauren boots. Everytime he goes to a store that has them he tries them on..

I think to convince himself he doesnt like them anymore.. but he loves them so much! I have looked and looked and they have them on sale the cheapest at a Shoe Carnival for 109.00 and everywhere else ive seen them 129.00

We only have one income, i stay at home w/ our daughter, my daughter(who he raises) and sometimes our step daughter, who he pays way too much in child support for. Im also pregnant.. and we need to work on getting the new baby things for when he comes! So my husband really never has an extra 100 to spare on his pay checks.

He is a police officer, and even when he puts in 70 hours a week, a car breaks down, my daughters health bills need payed, or something always happens.. He is such a good man, I really am wanting to get these for him for Christmas!!

Heres my question.. what are some ways a stay at home mom could get some cash? I am going to try and sell the left over baby clothes we arent using, as well as some of my clothes that I just dont want anymore, that are still new and in good shape like at Platos & once upon a child..

Any other ideas?? ANYTHING is welcome, dont care how silly it sounds11 haha, thanks girls!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• I agree with vicesix. You could try babysitting or cleaning someone's house? Maybe even shoveling driveways? If that's possible with your child. I usually take my clothes to Plato's Closet or something like that though. Also, if you have some gold scrap jewelry lying around...it has to be real gold though, you can find a place that will buy it off you. My fiance works at a jewelery store and he gives ppl $400+ sometimes for the stuff they bring in.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Anyone around your community who might need a babysitter during the holidays? Either parents who are working while the kids are out of school or parents who have holiday parties to attend?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:52 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Baby sitting or house cleaning, just tell your friends and family and go from there. Good luck.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• huugggs to you.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 5:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• thanks for all the ideas!! im running low on time, but maybe my scrap gold alone will put me past 100! haha(: thanks girls!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• and to butterfly.. im not sure why people voted you down i think you were just trying to be nice and offer an idea, lol!~ so thank you, but you cant give blood when youre pregnant!! i wouldnt do that for money either.. id do that just because!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• don't know
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• give blood?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010