please help no bashing

ok I have a 5 year and 3 year old. The 5 year old is in all day kindergarden. So all day it is peaceful and everything until she gets home then they are fighting. My girls are good when there is only one of them, but with 2 they fight all the freaken time and they do not listen to me at all. I try asking them nicely then I put them in time out then they think it is a joke. Unless you litterly yell they do not listen what so ever. Sometimes I even have to spank their bottom. Well, I am 7 weeks pregnant coming this monday so when ever I start raising my voice and stuff I start getting cramps and I will get sharp pains down there. I guess what I am looking for is for advice you know with me being pregnant? Is that normal to gets cramps and pains in my private like that? I am a stay a thome mom husband works doesn't get home until about 7 and then I don't drive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tell them when the older one walks in the door "If you fight today, no dessert tonight. Am I'm making brownies!" Then stick to it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• we don;t have sesert for dinner

not only that then I have my 3 year old who when she gets mad screams at the top of her lungs
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• What you are experiencing might be due to stress, but I would pass it by the doctor just to be safe. As far as the fighting, this is totally normal, when this happens try to divert their attention elsewhere, maybe read them a book, while you play relaxing music in the background.  Remember that saying that music soothes the savage beast, well it is true!

Answer by older at 3:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Mompam's idea is a good one- maybe try a sticker chart or something, kids love stickers
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my kids fight more when they are bored...are yours bored perhaps?
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I use to get cramps like that when I was upset (while pregnant). You going to have to calm down and take it easy. GL
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I am not sure. My 5 year old doesn't want her sister nowhere around and she has told me before that she doesn't like her. They can't even take a bath together without fighting or eat dinner without fighting
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Find something that gets their attention and take that away. Their favorite toy, anything!! I have the same problem with my boys and I figured out time out doesn't work for them but if I take away their electronics, IT WORKS!!! You just have to find their weakness. Good luck girl!!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 4:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• if possible have dad handle the physical discipline so it doesn't stress you out.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• ive just recently stared getting what your feeling, my son who is 2 ( i also have a 5 yr old) just doeees junk now that h knows he isnt supposed to do and he test me alot, if i raise my voice to much i do get light cramps!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 4:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010