how long did you wait to have sex after a vaginal delivery?

I just had a baby december 3rd and I had a V-back. How long did you wait to have sex and did it hurt at all? My baby was a girl and she weighed 5lbs and 15oz. shes beautiful

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• 6 weeks

Congratulations
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We had to wait 11 weeks :( 2 weeks after our son was born my husband left for AF boot camp
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 4:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• 6 weeks and it hurt a lil but not really that bad and congrats on ur new baby girl
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well, A friend of mines Brother and his wife have an 8 week old and she found out at her 6 week appt she was pregnant again. (wow right) They recommend 6 weeks. I had a c-sec (after 4 hours of pushing) we waited 8 and there was no pain other than things were a little ...um... tight.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• about 6 weeks
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• With my first it was 3months had third degree tears, but i wanted to go for it right there at the hospital lol. I guess it is my hormones because with the second one I wanted sex as soon as I had her but I am going to wait until my six week is up (3 1/2 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i waited 3 weeks
    GarciaMommy915

Answer by GarciaMommy915 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• six weeks, give things time to heal

Answer by admckenzie at 4:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• ranged from 3 days to 4 weeks
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• With my first I waited 4 weeks (dr had advised 6 weeks). I had an stitches from my Episiotomy so it hurt really bad. After that I waited 4 more weeks and it still hurt. The first few times hurt so bad, I'm surprised I ever tried again.
    With my second dd I waited 5 weeks and it was fine. A little uncomfortable at first, but nothing that caused pain like with my first.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010