TMI- Doctor ssid no sex..... adult content

I'm 21 weeks pregnant with twins and my doc said no sex after 20 weeks. Can anyone tell me why? When I asked him he just emphasized "don't think about sex, no oral, don't play with your breasts, and no sex!" Easy for him to say. I'm so turned on and sometimes even if my husband just looks at me i feel like jumping on him. But now I'm worried. Also I dry up completely when were in foreplay and we chose to use lube but I will just short of soak my panties throughout the day without being turned on. Is that bad? First pregnancy BTW so ..... help?

phrenicfire89

Asked by phrenicfire89 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your doctor should give you a reason why. Just stating no sex would not be enough info for me. I would demand a reason.

Most of the time, it's because it could put you into premature labor. THAT is something that they should be telling you!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• thats weird being told no sex without a reason i have never been told that, i would get a second opinion on that cos that to me is just weird unless there was something wrong then he has to explain himself
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• well my doctor told me no sex bc i went into premature labor at 24 weeks. maybe he is worried about that. and for the second part its just you hormones. i had a similar issue when i was pregnant.
    2010mommy0914

Answer by 2010mommy0914 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Chance of premature labor, especially since you're having twins.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Nest time you see him ask why until then listen to what he said. Doctors just dont say that stuff for the hell of it. There's a good reason.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• *next
    mommy_of_two388

• early labor...especially since your pregnant with twins. I would have definatly asked why and made him give me a reason!
    AFMF920

Answer by AFMF920 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my doc told me no sex at like 16 weeks because my cervix was opening. this was my second pregnancy my first was high risk and then this one became high risk at 16 weeks. i would ask ur doc if u can
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 4:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well are you cramping or bleeding? Plus you are having twins. I would also call and talk with your doctor. He really is the only one that can answer your question. For me I have had misc. and bleeding, so yes after a certain amount of weeks they do tell you not to have sex. My doctor told me the same thing. Remember it is not forever. You do want to be safe for you and your twins. Congrats!!
    Anonymous

• Your Dr should have given to a better explanation....but I am sure his concern is preterm labor with twins especially!

Oral would be the same difference...(oral for you) an orgasm could trigger contractions....

Nipple stimulation is a HUGE trigger for contractions...in fact it is a way some women try to get their labor started....when its time!

So as hard as it is....listen to your Dr...its a short time and then you can enjoy your SO for the rest of your lives :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010