• In the Spotlight:

whats the best way 2 tell ur other kids ur preg?

im 11weeks preg and i think im going 2 tell my other kids in the next few weeks i have an 8yr old and a 4yr old whats a good way 2 tell them that will be special? and when shud i tell em?

kimmie123

Asked by kimmie123 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You should tell them as soon as possible so that they have time to get used to the idea, and understand why mommy is sick all of the time and needs their special help.

When did you tell your 8 year old you were having your 4 year old?

I would say it now, although it might not really sink in until you start to show, talk about it with them.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• well when i got preg with my 4 yr old my 8 yr old had jst turned 3 and shed ndnt even understand till i was showing and even then it dndnt really make sence 2 her till the baby was born i had a mc in june and jst wnt 2 make sure im pst the early mc b4 i tell them
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 3:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My son is only 20 months, but when he was over at his cousins house they were all playing with dolls and he was saying my baby, so I started talking to him about how to be with real babies and that mommy is carrying his baby and he has to be gentle. I think he is starting to pick up on it, because he will come up and kiss my tummy and say "gentle baby."
    I agree that the sooner it gives them more time, but I would suggest waiting until at least 12 weeks, since that is when the risk of miscarriage lowers a bit.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I didnt tell my 5 year old because I didnt want him to tell his grandparents. ( I wanted to make sure I had a lesser chance of a miscarriage before I spilled the beans) My stomach was getting huge! Im (was) skinny. So one day my son said "Hey", "what's that in your tummy"! he knew I was pregnant how smart of him to know!!! I think I was about 16 weeks.
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 5:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You could say that mommy is having a baby...but he/she has to grow and get more healthy before he/she is born...
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I have an 8 yr. old step son. And we took him out to dinner...had a cake that said "Big Brother Devin". He was soooo excited! He had been wishing for a brother...so it was easy for us. He told me that his birthday wishes had come true. He was smiling from ear to ear. And now...I am 20 weeks...and hes like a mother hen to me...hes my protector and makes sure i do not do anything that i am supposed to do. He cant wait!
    kayteee25

Answer by kayteee25 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2008