Is Planned Parenthood a Taxpayer-funded slaughterhouse?

(Red State)- Today, abortion giant Planned Parenthood released its 2008-2009 Annual Report

Behind the colorful graphics and happy faces is a stark number: Planned Parenthood received $363 million in government grants and contracts from 2008 to 2009 alone, all at the expense of the U.S. Taxpayer and the lives of unborn babies.

How many lives are we talking? 324,008 unborn human lives destroyed in one year. How many adoption referrals? 9,433.

And that number of lives ended and women wounded will continue to rise as the amount of federal funding they receive continues to rise:

MORE:
http:/ /www. redstate.com/mdannenfelser/2010/12/16/defunding-planned-parenthood/

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 4:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sad!
    AFMF920

Answer by AFMF920 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Certainly looks like they are advocating for abortion.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• its murder! i think it should be illegal unless for medical reasons.
    2010mommy0914

Answer by 2010mommy0914 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I'm Pro-Choice, although I cannot see myself choosing to ever abort. I think planned parenthood needs to focus on preventing pregnancy, IMO, rather than people acting as if abortion is birth control. uugghh These statistics sadden me, but being a stats major, I know, and I feel like anyone who knows basic math can figure this out, as a population normally increases, ie: women, the statistic will as well, ie # of abortions. It seems like this line of the graph is not curving up, or down, so it seems like the proportion, to population, is normal, which in math terms states, there hasn't been much of a significant change, at least from what this graph shows, when you compare population of women to population of abortions over the years. So there hasn't been a proportional increase.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Plus, factor in the decline in the economy, some who may have chosen otherwise instead went with abortion.
    The government is helping to fund a safe alternative for women. Religious views cannot be taken into consideration. As of now, abortion is completely legal (which is how it should be in my opinion) so the government is doing nothing wrong by funding it. I don't think the numbers indicate what Planned Parenthood is advocating. You can talk about adoption until you're blue in the face; if a pregnant woman wants an abortion, you can't refer them for adoption. Freedom and all that.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 5:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• PP provides other services besides abortion. And sadly, abortions WILL happen whether you agree they should or not, and even whether they are legal or not. The only difference is, if it's legal, at least it's regulated.

If people REALLY want abortion in this country to end, then they would support access to BC, access to sex education, improved mother/child healthcare for all income groups, and encourage and support adoption laws, especially for older children who end up in foster care.

Every child should be wanted, and if every child were planned, then they would be.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I am pro choice but I don't believe one single tax payer dollar should fund abortion.
    Anonymous

• "Slaughter house" ? Could you BE any more disgusting?
    Obviously I am Pro-Choice.
    I wouldn't have an abortion. BUT I would never tell anyone else what to do.
    ANd Planned Parenthood helps prevent pregnancies. get it? Planned....it means "take birth control pills , or get an IUD, use a Condom...and it will prevent pregnancies" . so obvious.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Dramatics much?
    No, its a medical facility that offers services for many economically disadvantaged women. Everything from papsmears to mammograms, and yes abortion, a legal medical procedure as well as prenatal care....how many babies did they provide crucial prenatal care for svg? Or don't you care?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Dramatics much?
    No, its a medical facility that offers services for many economically disadvantaged women. Everything from papsmears to mammograms, and yes abortion, a legal medical procedure as well as prenatal care....how many babies did they provide crucial prenatal care for svg? Or don't you care? - by sweet-a-kins

WHAT PRENATAL CARE??? You mean for the 9 / 324 that aren't SLAUGHTERED?
    SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010