What's the tackiest thing that someone has ever done to you?

Mine is our wedding invites. You send the invite with a return card and stamped envelope stating whether you will attend and your food preference. These guests returned the card and checked they were unable to attend, then also wrote "Congrats" and put $20.00 in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think the problem with some of these "huh's" is that people don't understand what tacky is and probably fit the bill rather often.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Oh... Ok.. I see what you mean.. hey, at least you got something, right ? lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't even know where to start. People are tacky. Tacky, tacky, tacky. I know I was left mouth agape when my sister was attacked at her husband's FUNERAL. First, the aunt went up to the urn and crossed herself and wailed for about ten minutes, then she got up and started to high-kick and shake her shimmy singing "Some Like It Hot." My sister got up and took her elbow, trying to get her to sit down. Then her mother-in-law got up and spat in our direction and on my sister (the widow) screaming about what a bitch she was to take away her baby...Yeah...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Maybe I missed something....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I just think it's tacky to stuff money in the respond envelope, if you're going to send a gift of money you would get a wedding card and send it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It was just funny opening the little return card and pulling out the money. I just looked at my now hubby and said "your friend" lol
    and the fact was we said no gifts on the invite because he was married before and we were older and already had our home.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Wow, misses nick, that's really bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• At least they thought enough of you to send *something*.

Tacky is being invited to a wedding a 3.5 hour drive away when you have 2 kids under 2, declining because of the kids and not being able to afford a hotel room, getting a personal call from the bride BEGGING you to attend as she promises they won't be the only kids there and she'll get one of her friends or relatives to let you and the kids crash for the night, then waiting until 3/4 of the way through the reception to tell you that no one agreed to let you stay and sleep for a few hours before you drove back, because you had brought the kids with you.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• blank stare

ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 5:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• confused

Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010