What do you think?

My twins dad wanted to take my boys today for the weekend. He lives in another state over 100 miles away. Schools in both states have been closed for days (including today) due to road conditions. I told him no, since it wasn't safe enough to go 10 miles to go to school. He is throwing a fit and threatened to call his lawyer, when there is no order for visitation at all. I was not willing to put my kids in danger just for him to mess with their heads some more. I think he just wanted to throw a fit and doesn't care about their safety. He has had very little to do with them since they were born, and doesn't even pay the ordered child support.

sweet29mom

Asked by sweet29mom at 4:31 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tell him to call his lawyer then. Better yet tell him call your lawyer. Till he pays child support I dont think he should be even allowed to see his children
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Offer to let him see the twins in your home. He can do the driving both ways without endangering the children. If the relationship with him is tense, have a friend come over to stay at the same time. Good luck.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 4:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i totally agree. i had the same issues with my husbands ex. if there is no violation in place have him call his lawyer. i would not put my children in danger either. some ppl just get mad when they dont get their way. always put the kids first
    GarciaMommy915

Answer by GarciaMommy915 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Hello Daddy? Um yeah, you're screwed!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010