Is it wrong to have my son carry his own diapers?

Would there be anything wrong with getting my son a toddler size backpack and having him carry his own diapers and wipes when I take the bus to go shopping? Its hard carrying shopping bags plus the diaper bag and keeping a hand on him while digging out my bus pass. It would be easier if I could throw a few diapers a change of clothes and one of those compact things of wipes in a tot backpack and make him carry his own stuff. He is 2 and a half. The reason I ask is because my husband thinks if I can't handle it I shouldn't go shopping on the bus. Personally I think he would enjoy being "responsible" for his own stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I see nothing wrong with it. My daughter loves to carry around her small backpack even if nothing is in it so I just stick diapers inside.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Your husband is silly. I agree, your son would probably love it, and he would actually be helping. Go for it.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think it is a great idea! As for your hubby-- maybe HE should try carrying everything on the bus (as well as the little one) and see what it is like-- that might change his mind and his answer.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• no I don't see a problem with it as long as the bag isn't to heavy for him to carry
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I dont see a huge deal about it as long as its not heavy and he enjoys it and is not being forced to against his 2 year old will...lol.

Like you said, he might feel important having a "job" to do.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I think it's a good idea. Kids enjoy the idea of helping Mom out so I say go for it too! = ]
    rebeccan3

Answer by rebeccan3 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i see nothing wrong with. i agree with everyone else kids usally like helping mommy!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My 2 year old daughter often won't let me carry the diaper bag myself. He'd love it.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 4:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Use a travel.size package of wipes or put some in a baggy. Those can get heavy.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:46 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I was thinking of using one of those compact thingys that are meant for travel.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Dec. 17, 2010