Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I could just throw up. When do I give up on this.

We have been in a home loan modification process for over a year and we keep having to start over. I just want to be done. Should I continue to start the process over and try to get the mod so we can stay where we are or just give up let them have the house. I'm tired and frustrated and just plain sad.


Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • They are doing that bs to ALOT of people. Fill out all the forms except for dates and such and make a copy of eveyrthing they want and keep sending their stupid butts copies except for a new check stub then put a new date and signature on the forms.

    Damn banks wonder why they are in such trouble. This crap is why and TARP was a joke.

    Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • I'm sorry. It sounds like you could really use the help of a financial advisor.

    Answer by misses_nick at 5:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • It sounds like they are stalling so that maybe you will give up and they get the house. I don't know who your mortgage company is, but I would demand to know what the issue is and what can be done to speed the process along. As long as you are doing your part, keep pushing them. My SIL recently went through the same thing but it finally worked in her favor. She kept pushing them until they kept their word and gave her the modification.

    Good Luck.

    Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • Thank you. We are trying it;s just hard to keep up with what they need from us. They send us a list of docs they need and 5 days to get them in. We both work and have 2 kids one of them being special needs and between the chaos at home and us trying to even be home at all between jobs and therapy we keep being late on paper work so then we have to start over. It is our own fault. This whole thing is our own fault. If DH had taken the transfer he wouldn't have been laid off and we wouldn't be behind.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • Well, letting them have the house will damange your credit. If worst comes to worst, rent out the house or auction it off.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

  • Thats what they want you to do ,do not stop, do not give up!!If you have to find other people to help do it,but if you want to stay where you are do not give up!!

    Answer by grismelda at 3:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

  • Get the advice of a bankruptcy lawyer - they usually get paid out of the court decision. Filing for debt protection under the law could assist the loan modification process along because they do not "really' want to be stuck with the house. The lawyer will advise you of all your options and the ramifications of each decision.


    Answer by mrsljamieson at 1:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • I tried contacting a bankruptcy lawyer adn he said that we didn't need one at this time only if a short sale left us with overhead. Maybe I will try another one.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • This happened to my father. 2 years later, he got a home modification, it was really helpful, but frustrating and scary all along, without knowing if the next month they would have to leave their home.. But it patience paid off. ! Thank God, and Good Luck!

    Answer by Luisa621 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

Next question in Money & Work
I am looking for a job to do at home...

Next question overall (Just for Fun)