Identity Theft?

Have any of you experienced this problem? I am finding phishing emails almost every other week and reporting them to the various companies. Just wondered if anyone else has this experience? Or worse--actually getting nailed?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 5:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Technology

• My exhusband had his identity stolen, and strangely, it actually improved his credit, although it DID get him audited by the IRS for unreported income. Whomever stole his identity used it to get a legal job, open credit cards, use them and actually PAY all the bills on time.

The only man I've ever met who can fall into a pile of manure and pull out a gold nugget.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes mine was stolen right before I turned 18. My credit was in the 400s by the time I discovered it. Yes the girl was caught but because she was illegal she was just sent back to Mexico. A few months later she came back (she lived in my neighborhood)
    I wasnt able to get all the stuff off of it and till this day 4 years later I'm still trying to build my credit back
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I also get lots of phishing e-mails, and have actually had fraud on a visa card. It's been very odd. Someone got the card number, and was ordering items on the internet and had them sent to US!! We caught it immediately, and changed the account number have fraud alerts on our credit reports, and have taken other action as well, but we continue to get packages, only now they seem to be charged to other people. So far no new accounts seem to have been open in our names, and none of the charges are showing up on the accounts we have. It's scary, although, I am learning more about it, and have started getting a little bit of an idea what's going on.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My husband's identity was stolen, he has a warrant with his name SSN in Road Island, and someone else used it in Texas, some Jose Martinez (that's the name attached to it) he is in the process of freezing and fixing everything. It has been a nightmare, pain in the arse... uhg, to fully stop and fix it he would have to fully freeze his credit and wont be able to take out a loan or anything for a long time.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 6:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My friend just her bank account over the internet and spent $400. The bank was reall good about all of it but they had to wait for the purchases to get of pending and in the mean time they couldnt spend any money because there account was maxed out.
    dominique1108

Answer by dominique1108 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have had one fraudulent charge on my credit card. I called the company and they canceled that card and sent me a new one. I haven't had any other trouble.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have seen other activity on my ss record. Places I haven't worked. It is really weird. I reported that I hadn't worked at them and still it is still the same, I don't know what to do?
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010