Working through it all.

I have a 3 yr old daughter and a 3 week old son.. since a week after my son's birth i have been under the weather.. i had a break out of shingles (and if you have ever had it.. you know its NO JOKE.. it's extremely painful and makes you feel like you have a HORRIBLE case of the flu)... they finally started to clear up, still have the attacks on my nerves but the rash itself is starting to go away... but NOW i have some kind of funk.. like fever, headache, cold sores, stuffy nose, sore throat.... and i am sooooo tired.. anyone else have the "sickness" (not necessary the same, just being sick constantly) after having your baby?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• i got a cold right after my son was born a few weeks ago. i had my mil help me out with my 3 yr old. dont be afraid to ask for help if you can. rest is hard enough to come by and you need extra to get well again.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It sounds like your immune system needs a good boost. Pregnancy famously saps your zinc, so I'd take a zinc supplement. Probiotics never hurt either.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Is anyone watching the kids for you while you have something as contagious as the shingles? The stress of the birth could have triggered the shingles & that could have compromised your immune system so you got sick. Call your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Goodness! I hope you feel better soon.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• get well soon mama.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010