pregnant and job is stressful!

I'm pregnant and I work as a CNA in home. My client is mentally challenged and can be very hateful. She's almost 60 years old so she can't get a long very well. She broke her hip a while back which makes it harder for her to walk. All she wants to do is get up and walk with her blanket and toys. I can't let her do that because she will fall. But she doesnt listen to anything, and I know that she dont understand a lot. But she trys to hit me when I tell her to sit down and screams bloody murder. I literally had to lay down and back up from her to keep her from hitting me. She will hit herself in the face and screams don't hit me. But other times she can be the sweetest thing. I also have to bath her and I dont know how long i'll be able to do that. Because she's not a small woman so it's hard having all her weight on me helping her in and out of the tub. But it's driving me crazy I'm about to pull my hair out. Should I quit or should I wait until I'm farther a long ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would put in a leave of abscence. You have to take care of you and your baby. Congrats by the way.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Have you or can you request a different client??
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Can you try to request another client?
    leksismommy

• I would take leave ASAP
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 11:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• It sounds dangerous especially while pregnant. I would try to find another patient or find something else for the time being.
    midnight2513

Answer by midnight2513 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I agree!! Sounds very dangerous. If you don't want to leave this one client, maybe ask if you can get another CNA to come out with you so you will have someone to help out. You DEFINITELY need to tell your boss that she is violent and you can't risk her hitting you in your stomach. If they can't get anyone to help you then ask for another client. You need to think about your baby :o)

Good Luck!!

~Alyssa
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 11:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't quit. I would go and speak to whoever is your supervisor or someone in HR. Explain the situation to you. They might be able to move you somewhere safer. If not, then give your notice.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• your field of work is very stressing at times ,you should be careful to watch out for another position if available .good luck
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Does your job offer either short term or long term disability? If you are in NY they have a NY state mandatory disability program for all employers. Financial concerns aside speak to your doctor about the physical requirements of your position I would have the doctor either restrict job duties - light duty - if your employer refuses to accommodate you - you may be able to collect unemployment - or go out on disability. Don't quit unless you or the baby are in danger -quiting limits your options.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 1:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• All I wanted was to Stay at home and raise my Own Children...I was
    totally shocked at all the scams on the Internet that were targeting
    people like me.

I spent months looking, and did pay some "fees" to find out

about legitimate work from home. None of them were able to offer
    anything more than a few surveys for pay, crafts to assemble, or
    mystery shopping (all of which were nothing more than some spare
    change...not an income).

I am very excited to now Own my own Home Business.

I am working at my own pace and I have met and Teamed up with some
    Awesome Mothers and others...that have the same Goals as I DO!

I would love to share this opportunity with you. Just visit my
    website, and I will contact you with the details.

Mom's go to www.BeAtHome.biz
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 12:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2010