I absolutely abhor.............................what decision would you make

I absolutely hate my line of work. I have been in it 4 years and I hate it hate hate it. I do not like what it entails AT ALL!!!! At one point I even went to school ( back) to get away from it,( while I was very interested and very good at what I was going to school for; school has never in the long run worked out for me; I think I am not a formal learner) ............ so that didnt work out. Voila!!!!!!!!!!! I ended right back up in the same line of work all over again ( mostly because there isnt much around) and i am miserably unhappy AGAIN......................Well my prayers were answered I got a phone call for a full time job last night. Problem is : Its only for the winter season and in the spring I would have to collect unemployment ( which is fine) my big thing is I am soooo desperate to get out of there at all costs and yet I am constantly pushed back into it.
The worst part of where I am ( now) other than what I am doing for work is that they operate 24hrs a day. If anything anything at all happens to the set up I have( and for any reason my hours are cut or I lose any money; i am only working partime hours and barely scraping by; at this time they claim they have no other work but the possibility always exists that they will ask me for an overnight shift if my workload for any reaason diminishes) with them now and they ask me to do an overnight shift; which is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME AND WILL NEVER HAPPEN. I will then not be able to collect unemployment and am not collecting now either because i am afraid I will be PUT In that position) What would you do? my first instinct is to make the jump but if I am always going to be pushed back in I really wonder why bother to leave to begin with.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• Times like these we will all see initiatives and imagination take hold.I always wanted my own bakery.Wanted to call it The Slice;but alas it has not happened.I'm in a totally different business.After having my hands in peoples mouths for over 26 to 27 years I needed a change!! Time to pull out all the stops in life and go for what you can.Economy stinks right now,but forever optimistic,we have to move on forward never back.You can do whatever you set your mind to, just don't give up,never.My best to you dear.The New Year will be a new start for us all.gris
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sometimes you have to take one opportunity to find an even better one!....good luck!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You know how actors get typecast in roles? Well, people get type cast into job positions, too. You'll always remain in your current profession unless you do something to change it. Either take this new job or force yourself to finish school.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You are right. My first instinct is to take the job just to get ta hell away from what I am doing. MY ONLY concern is that at the end of the season for this particular bussines I will be out a job again and be forced to go back into the crappy stuff I have been doing at this rate I would take almost anything that would give me a guarantee of full time work and not having to go back into what i am doing!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Go back to school if at all possible and do what you want to do or be.You can do it...just do it.Life is far too short to waste time being miserable.If you really try it will happen.I know it happened for me.And If i can do it anyone can!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Grismelda, I appreciate your words of support but if it couldnt have been done the first time, when I went back( the time I was talking about in my story) as an adult and had worked so hard to get into the ( college) for very competitive field I wanted to be in;( having a GPA of 3.67 for most of the year before transferring into the speciality college I needed to go to for my field ) than it cant be done. There are very few things in life that I believe should require or even be done over!!!! Its all about moving forward. Talking about it; feeling bad about it even dwelling on it is one thing. To go back INSANITY when it more than likely did not work out for a reason
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I do designer jean in home parties! Its a new company, so not many reps yet! Huge opportunity to expand! I have tried uppercase living, candles, purses, kids toys and nothing has worked for me because there were to many reps in my area, but designer jeans I love! They are always changing and people are going crazy over parties! If you would like more details email me at vaultbykim@hotmail.com
    Thanks and good luck with what you decide!
    designerjeans4u

Answer by designerjeans4u at 5:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I live in a very high unempoyment area . No one has money for anything trust me. i dont think that would work but thanks for the offer.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2010