How did your child react the first time they met Santa Claus?

My daughter met Santa for the first time Wednesday. It was amazing for her, and she was in such shock that she could barely say "Hello." Today she saw him again, and this time, hugged him endlessly, and didn't ask for a thing, even when he asked. "Um... A hug!" was all she wanted from Santa for Christmas.

What was the reaction your kids had when they first met Santa? What did he or she say when you first mentioned the man in red?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 5:57 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• After last year we expected a screaming fit from DS,2, and had warned DS,11, that it was his job just to smile no matter what so we could get some kind of picture. Well, the little booger runs up climbs into Santa's lap and happily declared," I want a truck!" We all stood there with our mouths open and then he tells his brother, "Come on Bubby, make a cheese!" and he starts smiling like the ham he is. LOL
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:34 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• When we took my son to get his pictures done with Santa he ran up to him and jumped on his lap and was like, "Hi Santa Claus!" Then proceeded to ask him what was in every box, lol.. Then he seen a raggidy ann doll and asked for it, lol... He was so excited, and the pic is adorable :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Terrified, crabby crying. I have the pic still. He's holding her with this look on his face like"seriously?" while she cries.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my oldest and 2nd born were terrified, but my 2 1/2yr old loved him...he said hi santa....wuv u....dont know about my youngest yet.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• She screamed bloody murder and hid behind me.
    sovis05

Answer by sovis05 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• he was sort of like "uuuuuuuuh ok" lol he was a bit nervous.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• "wow scared of what?"

well he is a stranger, big guy in a red jumpsuit and thick beard, you sit on his lap, you are expected to talk and smile for a photo w/a bright flash..... kinda creepy to some children lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Terrified. Tears. The whole shebang.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:58 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Wow, scared of what?
    mrskrisher

Comment by mrskrisher (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My kids never believed in santa. they believed in the true reason for Christmas.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010