Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Force feeding an infant???

What would you do if you knew one of your friends was force feeding her 6 month old baby? My friend pries oven the mouth of her baby and then holds it closed so he cannot spit out the cereal. I am just shocked and appalled.


Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I'd break off the friendship and pray for her kids.

    Answer by LeanneC at 6:41 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • Maybe give her some pointers, she might not know what else to do. Other than that I would mind my own business....

    Answer by skittles1108 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • Have you said something? That would be a first.

    I'd let her know it's unacceptable and see how she reacts. Then decide from there if it needs to go further.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • to avoid the "how dare you tell me how to raise my child" response, maybe nicely mention "oh he doesnt look hungry see him trying to spit it out?"

    Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • Thanks everyone. This is her 6th child so she likes to say she "knows it all." I've tried the whole "he doesn't look hungry" route but her response was to snap at me and say that she wants him to sleep all night, that all of her children have slept through the night at 3 months and that he needs to learn "to obey mommy and daddy in everything." We used to be really god friends but I feel so bad for her children, they are so beaten down (not that they are beating their kids). And the way they treat their daughter is appaling. My friend said, in front of her daughter, that she hates girls and only wanted boys. Sorry. She used to be such a great person and now she's just... weird.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • She is a cruel person. I would stay away from her.

    Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do.

    Answer by ecodani at 6:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

  • Sadly, nothing you can do unless there is something that seems to be outright abuse. If so, you need to call CPS. And I'm afraid this person really is more of someone you happen to know rather than a friend.

    Answer by gdiamante at 7:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010