How has the Economic Crisis effected your family?

My husband lost his job, my daughters hours were cut back to 8 hours a week. I can't get a job because I have been a SAHM and haven't worked in 10 years. There a very few jobs available in my area right now. I will be homeless by Christmas if someone in my family doesn't find a job soon. I also have 2 children celebrating birthdays in November and December.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Money & Work

• I know the feeling! I also have cancer and was on medicaid when I was diagnosed then lost it because my husband found a job. Now I can't get insurance because it's a preexisting condition.
    Anonymous

• the only thing affecting us was the gas prices but those have even gone down.

our car is paid off, our house is paid off, we do not use credit cards.
    Anonymous

• My husband lost his job last January and has still yet to find a good paying job again. He has bounced around but never making enough to pay the bills. He currently works at a car dealer, which given the economic crunch, sales are very slow. He's on commission so when he doesn't sell, we don't get paid. I also lost my job in January and since then only found a part time retail job which doesn't make very much money. We have barely been squeaking by paying the bills and the absolute minimum on our ever growing credit card debt. Now last month our DD was born and I have been out of work for 6 weeks. Octobers bills were really bad. I had to apply to a skip a payment on our car payments, and we had to CHARGE our other bills. I am talking about charging our eletric bill...continued
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It is so sad...we are really really hurting. We can't go much longer the way we are going. I am really afraid that we're not going to be able to make our mortgage payments and we're going to be foreclosed. I don't know what to do anymore. Jobs are sooo scarce neither of us have been able to find anything decent. And we have been searching. Things are very rough for us right now. We just need a break.
    jltorres87

• It is very sad and depressing now days ;( Im a sahm, 7 months pregnant, I doubt anybody will hire me now, my SO pays all the bills, we dont spend like we use to. The government should help us first then maybe we can start putting money back into businesses.
    tatalalicious

Answer by tatalalicious at 4:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I understand all of you seriously, Family is hurting the same,

More so now..My brother with terminally ill cancer now lost his insurance, and medicade will not help
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It really hasn't effected us. My husband and I have never lived above our means. We both work full time, he is military and I work at a credit union as a bill collector (I will NEVER lose my job someone always doesn't pay their bills) and I also am an herbalife distrubitor which contributes to our savings. The only way we'd be hurting is if our new prez decides to discontinue our military. Then this country is SCREWED!
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 12:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It affected us at first with the truck we have but I bought a honda civic a little one to take my daughter to school and run errands and work an other stuff if we really need money I have a mutual fund it is like a checking out I can put money in and out with no penalty .I had to take out money this week for repairs but we are fined thank god.
    monica277

Answer by monica277 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 9, 2008