Do you have a relative that annoys you so bad but you are too chicken to say how you feel to their face?

My aunt annoys the crap outta me. She has no children and been married for 15 years. When she calls anyone in our family or they call her most of the conversation revolves around her and what nice things she recently got. She also likes to brag about how her and her dh likes to go to Ireland every other year when practically any other family member is struggling to get by financially. It just annoys me that she rarely thinks about anyone but herself.

sweetpea1217

Asked by sweetpea1217 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes! Sounds like a family member of mine. Very self-absorbed. I think when some women (not all of course) have no children and get older they get that way because they have never had to take care of anyone besides themselves. It also may be a little jealousy on her part since she has no kids. Maybe she secretly always wanted kids & it just never worked out for her. I just smile and make the best of the day.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I had no clue what category to put this under.
    sweetpea1217

Comment by sweetpea1217 (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes. I have some family members that annoy me. It's not because they brag or are conceited, but because they make statements that make it clear that anyone who is not white, conservative, heterosexual, never been divorced, and isn't a member of *their* religion is somehow beneath them.

I get so tired of the phrase "well, you know how THOSE people are...."
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• No I just never take any crap from them or listen its easy for me to tune people out. I think what is best for me and move on.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Yes I do!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yep my MIL...she treats my daughter different then her grandson which they have the same dad....she did get me anything for my birthday which is fine but atleast a phone call would be nice...she is selfish and inconsiderate and i cant say anything to her because she is the mother of my husband...I really am starting to hate her and i DONT hate anyone
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 4:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• My step kids, and if it weren't for my husband, I would say something.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yep got one that pushes all my buttons but I try to control it.If they will let me!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2010