your period

hi i was just wondering when you usually start your period after having your first baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Mine was about 2 weeks after but everyone is differant my friend had her baby around the same time I did and she has not had one and our kids are 9m old
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 4:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• it's going to depend on your body, if you are breast feeding or not, and the amount you do breastfeed if you are.
    Anonymous

• I breast feed and I had my first period at 17 months post-natal.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I got my perios as soon as I stopped breastfeeding
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 7:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My first was 6 months and my second was a week before his first bday and my third was 14 months....no rhyme or reason to it ( I breastfed all of mine!) LOL!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• it can start as early as 6 weeks PP, but most breastfeeding exclusively mom's don't get a period until 6 months PP or later, however you can get pregnant before you first Period, because you ovulate before your period.
    haileybeth

Answer by haileybeth at 11:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2009