Am I wrong or what? I need some advice.

Today I got my child's ears pierced at the mall. She was upset, what young child wouldn't be!? So I went and set on a bench to give her a bottle and comfort her. She was wearing a fleece full body suit and I notice because of all that she was very hot! So I took off her body suit and she was just in a diaper. It was just temporary until she cooled off. I rapped her in a light blanket and then this lady comes up to me. I thought nothing of it because many people come up to see a baby, cause they are so darn cute! Anyways, she bluntly asks me where my child's clothes are. I was dumbfounded and took me a second to answer and point to where the were at. Then she asked why she wasn't wearing it. I told her why and she gave me a look and walked away! I felt like a bad parent for some reason. I didn't understand why that even just happened. She was so rude! I'm 21, and I admit I may have looked a little lazy today because I'm sick with a swore throat and only got 4 hours of sleep. Did she think I was poor or something!? I don't understand any of this and I honestly just feel like crying! And this all happened hours ago!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't let the b*tch get to you. You were taking good care of your little one, don't let her shake you.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Sounds like she was nosy and rude, and you aren't feeling well and are tired, so you can't take as much....ignore people like that.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:39 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You can't let other people bother you. I would have done the same thing. You just keep doing what YOU think is best for your child.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 6:40 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You can never ever worry about what people say! (unless respected family member of course) Everyone person is going to know better than the next how to raise YOUR baby. I deal with rude and illiterate people all the time as i have three special needs children. So when we go in store and my son who has tourettes is standing in line ticing and i notice someone stupid enough to stare.. i start to tell them about tourettes and make them feel ashamed for being so rude! Maybe next time tell the old bat that you appreciate her unwanted advice but that you are the one raising and paying for that child you gave birth to...not her....
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• You should have told her she doesn't have any, and ask if she would like to buy her some.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Dont let people get you down...I would have done the same thing! People like that are usually judgemental and have no reason to be!
    MissyD87

Answer by MissyD87 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. Only you know the circumstances and what's best for your baby. Your age doesn't matter, don't even think of it. The fact of the matter is, there are a lot of busybodies out there. Everyone wants to give their opinion. Learning not to care about the opinion, especially when voiced in a public place, will come with time. It's not easy to mentally tell them to stuff it. If it really does get to you, remember to use a onesie in the winter. Keeps the nosy old biddies off your butt!! LOL
    RealityFan

Answer by RealityFan at 6:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• She is just being a snob. Please do not let her bother you.

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• you did what was best for your baby and that lady was wrong i am 52 and i know that it is bad for anyone to get overheated if you had left her in that suit and taken her out into the cold air she could have gotten a chill and possibly pneumonia don't worry about what others think about how you do things follow your instincts and you will do great!
    WVgrandma

Answer by WVgrandma at 8:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• DOnt let her get to you, If my child were hot I woulda done the same. In fact my daughter will 3 next week, she was running a fever this week and was hot. We were at the doc office and I took her shirt off to cool her down. I was also in my jammys from being up all night with a sick toddler. Dont worry bout that old bag you were doing what you could to calm your baby
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 8:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010